Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Greatest Adversary!!!!!

Recently I faced my greatest adversary. Now before I tell you about this confrontation let me tell you about some adversaries in the past. I have face down devilish deacons out to undermine the Lord's work, ghoulish grandmas who did not appreciate preaching against their pet sin, backstabbing baptist pastors who spoke lies and vicious gossip, felonious friends who to save themselves threw me under the bus. However none of what I have mentioned compares to the adversary I recently faced. What was this adversary? The adversary of bitterness!!!! I did not realize how bitter I had become but, through the Lord using a good friend (you know who you are:-) The Lord revealed the ugliness of my sin. Notice bitterness is a sin!!!!! Anything that can rob you of your joy and contentment in the things of God is sin. Bitterness will cause us to take our eyes off of God and place them on ourselves. Instead of rejoicing in the goodness of God we will wallow in self pity. Do people mistreat us from time to time? Yes!!!! Does it hurt? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! However, do we not serve a God that is Holy and Sovereign? Does he not know our needs? Is he not the Great Physician who can heal our wounds? Thank God we can give a resounding YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!! To all these things!!!! His promises are yea and amen!!! I resolve by God's grace not to have the root of bitterness to gain hold in my life again. God give me the ability to forgive those who have hurt me so that I can I have a testimony of love and forgiveness and to glorify your name. In the name of Jesus I pray Amen!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment