Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

To all of you dad's HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!! I know today is the official Father's Day but, my son was a bustin' to give me my gifts so I accepted them a day early. You can tell a lot about a relationship between a dad and a son by the gifts they give you. My son got me Star War's games for our gaming system. What can you tell from that? Well first that I am a bit child like myself :-) Also that we spend time together playing these games, and that I am a bit of a nerd and I am okay with that. However, there is something else that I get from that. My son considers me (along with his mom) his best friend. He loves Star Wars and he loves playing those Lego games but more than anything he wants to play with me. It is during these times we laugh, we kid each other and sometimes we get to teach lessons on dealing with disappointing results and not quitting as a result of losing. It is also during these moments that Zechariah will randomly blurt out, "I love you dad." If I never got a gift more than those simple sweet words uttered by my son that would be okay with me. When Terra and I got married we honestly did not think we could have kids. We put it in the Lord's hands and said your will be done. So you can imagine the joy we felt when we found out Terra was pregnant and then when we first heard that wail the flood of emotions we felt!!!! Then with the joy comes the fear when your child awakens at 11:30 at night and screams till 5 in the morning as you take him from hospital to hospital. The pride you feel when he scores the winning run or makes the tackle. Then the overwhelming sense of responsibility you feel when he asks "Daddy, how can I be saved?" i would not trade anything for this relationship of being a daddy. Thank you Lord, for giving me this blessed privilege of being Zechariah's daddy who you gave to Terra and I to raise. I LOVE YOU TOO ZECHARIAH!!!!! WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment