Saturday, July 10, 2010

Glory ye in his name.....

Psalm 105:1-3 "O give thanks unto the Lord; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him:talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord."

When Terra and Zechariah are gone visiting her family in Michigan I have a little extra time to sit around and ponder things. Sometimes the pondering s are serious. Such as ways I can improve being a husband and dad. Other times times it is not quite so serious and earth shaking. However, their have been times I have just sit back and that about God's providential dealings in my life and when I do this I am dumbfounded by God's goodness and it reminds me that I have nothing in and of myself to glory in. Let me illustrate, I was born and raised in Somerset, KY. My life goals and ambitions were to be a football Coach and a state trooper in the mountains of KY (and I also entertained the idea of being a professional wrestler. My name would have been the "Ravishing Redneck" perhaps we will talk about this at another time). Now here I am 20 years later starting Churches, married to a lady from Michigan with the most handsome son in the world (at least I think so:-). It amazes me how God providentially works all the details out to get us exactly where we are today. If you had told me when I was growing up that I would be a preacher, married to a girl that was in 7th grade when I graduated and she was from Michigan I would have laughed. That was not my plans, I had my life all figured out. I was going to Coach Football in the mountains and be a state trooper and I was going to marry me a mountain woman. Thank God my plans did not happen!!!!

I would have never met Terra and had Zechariah. I would have never traveled outside of the state of KY and seen the marvelous works of God's creation. More importantly I would not be in God's will for my life serving him and proclaiming to a lost and dying world their need of salvation.

What about you? Have you considered God's providence in your life? I would encourage you to just sit back and glory in God's providential mercy!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment